Thursday, July 10, 2008

The walls do talk

I feel slightly uncomfortable with some of my friends recently. More and more I realise that the people I mix with every day, indeed, with a few exceptions, everyone inside the department I work in seems to be really really sexist. I had to have words with one of my 'friends' over a snapping of a bra incident with my (then) girlfriend... I mean, since when is going up to someone and snapping the straps of her bra acceptable? Sometime I think it is me that is the weird one, I seem to be the only who is slightly uncomfortable with describing the girls we hang out with as meat, not poeple. I'm finding it harder and harder not to fall into that humer circle. And it isnt just the guys either. Several of the girls make exactly the same re-enforcing joke and comments that justify why the others do it. I really don't know. I'm jut glad that for the next five weeks I don't have to deal with it. **Hurray for rich English grandparents**

No comments: